Monday, Apr 6, 2020
MNA Sanctuaries remain open from dawn to dusk for individuals and families wishing to get outside to enjoy nature. All visitors must adhere to Governor Whitmore’s Stay Home, Stay Safe orders and to CDC guidelines and recommendations. The following is a list of recommendations to assist with compliance.
No group gatherings of any size are allowed at this time except for families from the same household.
- Visit sanctuaries or other park and conservation lands close to your home. Do not travel long distances to visit an MNA sanctuary per the Governor’s order
- Only travel with members of your household
- Do not visit an MNA sanctuary if sick or if you have been in contact with someone who is or has been sick recently
- Keep hand sanitizer or, if possible, soap and water in your vehicle for hand washing
At the Sanctuary
- Come back another day if it looks as if the sanctuary is busy with visitors
- Maintain a safe distance of six feet from other visitors, give others plenty of space on trails
- Avoid touching surfaces that may have been touched by others
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after you visit, use hand sanitizer if soap and water not immediately available
- Disinfect surfaces of personal items and inside your vehicle that you might have touched
- Abide by our sanctuary rules, found here and always in effect!
- Stay safe and enjoy your time outdoors!